Monday, May 26, 2008

Currently Reading.....



I am currently reading The Passion of Jesus Christ by John Piper. I just started reading it, but so far it is really good. Basically,in this book John Piper is giving fifty reasons why Christ suffered and died. You might be thinking, oh well I know why Christ suffered and died, he did it to redeem us from our transgressions and sins and to give us a hope worth living for and to save from us an eternity in hell.Well, yes, but there are so many more reasons in this book that I never would have thought of. I'll give a full review when I finish it.


The other book is Boy Meets Girl by Joshua Harris. I had started reading I Kissed Dating Goodbye, but as I was reading it I kept thinking, "I already know that I don't want to date and that I want to court instead." My dad had bought this book, so I went and got it and started reading it instead. That's when I realized, "Hey, here is somebody that shares the same views on courtship that I do." It is really encouraging for me to read this book, because a lot of times when I tell people that I have no plans to date and that I want to court instead, they kind of look at me like I'm an alien from another planet and then say something like, "Then how are you supposed to get married?"

It's kind of like when I tell somebody that I'm homeschooled, and the they ask the question, "What about socialization?" I've so many responses like that now that it makes me want to laugh when people say it.

Again, a full review of Boy Meets Girl when I'm finished with it.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Caroline,

I'm very proud of you for the excellent books you are reading. I look forward to hearing what you think about them. When you finish "Boy Meets Girl," I'm going to read it.