Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian


So, I saw this movie on opening day. I liked it. I was a little bit disappointed with some things, including the fact that they added a Caspian/Peter rivalry. I do understand to some extent though why they added a few action sequences that aren't in the book, because to be honest, the book of Prince Caspian is actually quite boring in some respects and is probably my least favorite of the Narnia books. So, I want to know what you thought of it. I know some people really hate it when the book is deviated from at all, while is doesn't really bother others.

Also, I did like it enough that I'm going to see it again tomorrow with my youth group. I would say however, that it is not a movie for really little kids. It is rated PG, but it is fairly violent.

Also, if you have read the Narnia books, which is your favorite? Mine is The Horse and His Boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the movie, as well. I think they could have stayed "truer" to the book, than they did, but I understood the purpose of most of the changes.

Of the books, my favorite is The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe with The Dawn Treader coming in a close second. Interestingly enough, my least favorite is The Horse and His Boy.

My parents bought me the books when I was about 12 and I have gone through 3 or 4 sets. When my son was old enough to read them, I finally bought hardcovers so they would last longer.

God bless you!
Denise (an old friend of your Mom's)