Friday, May 23, 2008

Do Hard Things


Check out this great book called "Do Hard Things." It is by Alex & Brett Harris. (They are the younger brothers of Josh Harris, the author of I Kissed Dating Goodbye)

I'm not done reading this book yet, but what I like about it is that it teaches that we as Christian teens do not have to descend to the low expectations that secular America has for us. We need to rise to the expectations that God has for us. We don't have to conform to the world's standards on many things (i.e. modesty, sex, other inappropriate stuff). We can start doing things to further God's kingdom instead.

I would recommend this book to all teens and their parents, because it's good for adults as well.

Check out the Harris twins website and blog here at The Rebelution.

My dad wrote an article on "Do Hard Things" here, on his Hammer and Nail blog.

No comments: