Friday, December 18, 2009

Learning from Wrecking My Grandmother's Car


Last Sunday I crashed my grandmother's car into a pole at a convenience store near my church. Obviously, you can see the damage from the above picture. The car is being fixed, and everything should be okay, although I caused about $3800 in damages.

What Happened: I pulled into the parking space and stepped on the gas instead of the brake by accident.

What I Learned:

1) Accidents happen incredibly quickly. It was over pretty much before I realized what had happened.

2) I'm not as good a driver as I thought I was.

Good Aspects:

1) My first wreck didn't involve any other vehicles.

2) I know what it feels like to wreck the car now, so I don't have to wonder anymore.

3) My grandmother is in Kenya, and thus didn't have to find out right away.

I'm just grateful that my dad and I were okay, and that we didn't have any injuries, except for the big bruise that I have on my right knee from smashing it under the dash.

I think that they are still going to let me drive the car after it is fixed. This is good, since the car that I crashed is only a year old. I told my dad that I'm just happy that I wrecked it where there was a pole in front of me and not, say, our house or a concrete wall.

2 comments:

KeeperatHome said...

Caroline, I'm glad to hear that all is well after the accident. At least you have gotten over that "first accident" anxiety!:-) My first accident did involve another vehicle and it was all my fault -- I assumed the other party had a stop sign when in fact he did not. No one was hurt and the other car sustained very little damage. God protects even when we don't realize we need protecting.

In Christ, Talya

Renata said...

What do you mean you were driving?

;-)