Monday, January 11, 2010

Blogging on British Lit




This year I've been taking a AP British Literature class though our homeschool co-op. The class is taught by my mom and I'm having lots of fun! We've read though lots of different things. I'll name a few and whether or not I liked it:

Beowulf (excerpt)(Liked)
Chacuer's Canterbury Tales (or part of it) (Liked)
Shakespeare's Macbeth and some sonnets (Liked)
Milton's Paradise Lost (excerpt) (Utterly Despised)

Obviously we have read a lot more than that.......but those are just a few examples. We just finished up the Romantic Poets and will soon be starting Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. My favorite of the Romantic poets was George Gordon, Lord Byron. Samuel Taylor Coleridge was my second, but although a good poet, he's just to weird for me.

I'll be posting some of the writing assignments that I've done so you can read them and tell me what you think.

The first thing that I'm going to post is a paper that I did comparing the play Macbeth to the actual Scottish history. I'm also going to post a sonnet explication of Shakespeare's Sonnet 18 and a poem analysis of Byron's The Destruction of Sennacherib.

No comments: