Thursday, May 8, 2008

Old Books

Recently I have started collecting old books. I've always loved books in general and one day my mom and I were at a yard sale and I saw some really old books for sale. Now, I have a total of eight books, and I've gotten all but one of them from yard sales. Here is what they are:

1. A 1904 edition of The Leading Facts of American
History
by D.H Montgomery. This one is probably my favorite because I love
history so much. Also, in this history textbook there are only 26 presidents, 45
states, and 15 amendments to the Constitution.

2. A 1897 edition of Hints and Helps on English Grammar.There is no author listed; itjust says that it was published by Raub & Co. However, the preface is signed "The Author."

3. A 1939 edition of a math textbook called Practical Shop Mathematics. It is by John H. Wolfe and Everett R. Phelps.

4. A 1942 State of Georgia Trigonometry textbook called Plane Trigonometry with Applications. It is by William L. Hart.

5. A 1937 edition of Five Little Peppers at School by Margaret Sidney.

6. A 1926 edition of The Blue Book of Cookery, by Isabel Cotton Smith. The introduction is written by Emily Post who
wrote the famous book called Etiquette.

7. A 1940 edition o a book called Faces and Places. It is by Myrtle Banks Quinlan. It is basically a learn to read book for kids.

8. Finally, a 1895 edition of First Year in French by L.C. Syms.

So basically, this post was just about books, and mostly because I was bored.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE to rummage through yard sales, estate sales, and thrift stores looking for old books. You have some really cool, old ones. I have always loved old books but I have never met someone that shared my same interest. Next time I find an cool, old book I know who I can tell! :-D

chandra said...

Hi Caroline,
I came across a couple old books in our attic. You are welcome to have them if you would like. Just let me know and I will try to get them to you soon.
Mrs. Chandra

Caroline said...

Thanks! That would be great. Caroline